Monday, December 10, 2007

Wait

Have you ever had a day when you just wish with all your heart that Jesus would decide that today is the day He will come back? I had one of those days today.

Sometimes I just get utterly overwhelmed with this mess we call a world. I'm tired of being here. I want to go home.

Living in Colorado Springs, it's basically impossible to get away from everything that happened at New Life Church yesterday. It's everywhere. I drove past all the national news media vans with their huge satellite dishes on my way to and from work. I heard the latest updates on every radio station I turned to. Everyone at work either attends New Life or knows someone who was there, so that's all anyone talked about all day.

Most of the discussion at my small group tonight centered around fear. It's a daily battle, it seems, to live a life free of fear. So when some seemingly random act of violence happens, it's hard not to let fear overwhelm me.

There's this song called "Wait" by Caleb Rowden that moves me deeply every time I hear it. It just makes me long for Jesus.



Cold, all alone
'Cause where I am is so far from home
So far from You
But I know You're there to see me through
All my days, and every step I take
But for now, this is all that I can say

I'm longing for my home
To rest before Your throne
To be with You
My faith will be complete
When Your glory shines on me
When that day comes
My heart will find its place
But for now I'll wait

Lost, so afraid
Searching for a better way
To be in that place
To feel Your heart and finally see You
Face to face
Forever and a day
But for now, this is all that I can say

I'll wait for You, I'll wait for You to come
So please come soon
I'll wait for You, I'll wait for You to come
So please come soon

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
~Psalm 27:14

No comments: