Monday, March 22, 2010

It's a Brick House

Well, hello there. Guess what? I have MORE exciting news to share! God just keeps pouring out the blessings.

We found a house! We put an offer on it yesterday, found out this morning that there was a competing offer and found out this afternoon that they accepted our offer!

You guys, this house it BEAUTIFUL. Seriously. I'm still having a hard time grasping the fact that, barring any unforeseen obstacles, in a little over a month it will be our home!

I looked at close to 40 homes over the last few weeks. After so many, all the homes were starting to blur together. At each house we visited, I would have that vague, undefined feeling of "This isn't it." I just couldn't picture us there.

And then we saw this one.

When we visited, the agent was actually having an Open House. We wandered around and right from the beginning, it felt different. I could see us there. I could picture us moving in that day. Chris liked it too, but of couse he was more reserved. (He had to balance out his emotionally-charged, impulsive wife.)

After spending quite a bit of time there, we left and continued to visit homes, but suddenly, we were comparing everything to that house. It became the standard, and nothing else seemed to measure up. So we went back.

The next day, we decided to drive around and scope out the neighborhood. And the Open House was happening again. So ... we stopped by for the third time. This time we started dreaming about where we'd put our furniture. What color we'd paint the walls. Where the dogs could stay.

From there, we met our agent to complete the paperwork for the offer. That was yesterday. As of this evening, we are officially under contract!

3 comments:

Christer said...

Cool! Congrats, neighbors! I can't wait to see it! How's the elliptical room look :)? When can we move in?

Can I add you to my list of peeps who I've witnessed being disappointed when the houses they really like fall through and then God gives them with something even better?

God's timing is good, yes?

Becky said...

Sure, put us on the list!

Anonymous said...

YAY for a new house!!!!!!!!!!