Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Need a Vacation

Sorry for the slowdown in postings lately. I was getting on a roll with regular posts but suddenly life is getting in the way. I've been a bit overwhelmed with it, to be honest.

I have a new position at work ... I'm now a member of the web team. Okay you can stop laughing now. I mean it. Stop laughing. I'm actually doing web communications. Although I feel sort of under qualified, it's actually quite interesting. (Plus, I get to blog and get paid for it!) Anyway, the web stuff is a great big learning curve for me, but I'm enjoying it. We've had a lot of all day trainings and they are kicking my butt.

My sister Sara is here this week, stopping by on her move from CA to NY. So I'm hanging with her (and her boy) a lot. We're going to hit up The Golden Bee this weekend, this cool little sing-along piano bar. It's one of my family's favorite places.

I'm also taking pictures at a wedding this weekend. My first one. Yikes! But it should be fun. The weather is supposed to be great (thank goodness because the ceremony is outside.)

And I'm trying to finalize plans for my big birthday trip. We leave a week from tomorrow!!! I'm dying for some good girl friend time. And beach time. And hiking. And waterfalls. And not working. And luau. And hot lava pools. And sun. Praise God for vacations.

Speaking of birthdays, I have a great story to tell you, but it deserves a post of it's own. I'm exhausted and need some me time, so I'll catch ya later.

No comments: