Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Quick Pop Culture Review

I know you're supposed to do stuff like this at the end of the year, but I was just thinking about this last night, so I thought I'd share ...

Top 3 Movies I've Seen in the Last Year:

Once
The Kite Runner
Bella

Top 3 Books I Read in the Last Year:

Marley and Me by John Grogan
The Shack by William P. Young
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

Top 3 CD's I've Listened to in the Last Year:

Ray LaMontagne - Closer
Alicia Keys - As I Am
Lynden - The Act of Becoming

What do you think? Do you agree? What were your favorites?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like a lot of those!
Ray
Once
Kite Runner...

Good stuff.
Haven't read those books.

Great pictures before...you live in God country. I'm envious!

Cheers.

nate said...

I want to see Once in a serious way, the soundtrack blows me away.

Thanks for stopping by blog! My dog (Oscar) is a Shia Tzu (sp?). He is mostly hair, and yeah, a lot of people think he is a cat in that pic.

Peace!!!

blissfullykrissy said...

I want to see Bella! I remember you talking about it.
Priya loved Marley and Me and has been telling me to read it.
Of course, I love Lynden!

Anonymous said...

Marley and Me is def. a winner. I loved The Mermaid Chair (by S.M.Kidd) waaaaay better. I would also recommend "Justice in the Burbs" by Will and Lisa Samson. Music for me would have to be David Crowder's Remedy. Really good.

Jen Kent said...

Top music (not cds since I'm mostly an iPod girl these days): Rosie Thomas, Patty Griffin, Ryan Adams

Books: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L'Engle, and Bono: In Conversation with Michka Assayas.

Becky said...

Oooh ... thanks for all the suggestions.

There's not much that makes me happier than finding new music or good books!

Fay said...

Loved Bella. It was embarrassing how I boo-hooed at the end. Just got Once via Netflix today and can't wait to read it. Uh, see it. I'm tired. :)

Becky said...

It's okay, Fay, I cried in Bella too.

And come back and tell me what you thought of Once.